Ahead of the World Mail & Express Asia (WMX Asia) Conference in Hong Kong, we caught up with Santosh Gopal, CEO at Ship2MyID. Santosh will be speaking at WMX Asia 2019 and offers his thoughts on the conference and the future of the industry.
WMX – Tell us a little bit about yourself and your company.
SG – My name is Santosh Gopal. I am CEO and founder of Ship2MyID. Ship2MyID was built with the future of millennial shippers in mind. Some of the salient features we address are – Privacy, ease of shipping, ability to ship to all your social and digital contacts, more control on transactions, portability, simplified cross border & environment-friendly.
Ship2MyId’s patented platform replaces addresses with digital ID’s like cell number, email or social ID’s and will impact trillions of transactions globally involving addresses be it shipping or identity management. Ship2MyID platform enables transactions between Consumers, E-commerce, Manufactures, Brands, businesses, Postal & Logistic entities.
WMX – What will you be speaking about at WMX Asia this year?
SG – During this event, we would like to demonstrate how our patented platform can help:
- Manage most of the problems around addresses which could include – 100% Verified, Higher accuracy by including GIS, Lifetime Uniqueness, removing Language barriers, removing challenges on change of address, manage privacy and ability to ship without needing an address.
- To demonstrate how postal & Logistic companies can create brand new revenue models.
- Green environment-friendly approach of cutting down delivery time ensuring accurate delivery address, One-Touch coordination with the recipient, Reduce ALL wrong address transactions, Increased automation as every routing could be automated etc.
- Increase customer adoption, highly empowered opt-in Direct mailing and marketing will yield higher conversion for brands and merchants.
WMX – What do you hope our delegates will take away from your presentation?
- SG – Delegates can grow their business significantly (multiple X times) by simple & easy changes to their business.
- Delegates will realize how easy it is to modernize their entire postal organization, empower consumers, increase new transactions significantly, create new streams of revenue.
- Postal organizations can become a hub of DATA for the entire country and can offer increased privacy, flexibility and empower their consumers.
WMX – How can we advance the post and parcel industry?
- SG – Being in customer’s shoes & Listening to customer’s needs.
- Being open to change and embrace newer concepts.
- Trying and piloting more innovation before rejecting at the concept stage.
WMX – How has the post and parcel industry changed in the past 5 years? What do you predict will happen in the next 5 to 10 years?
SG – So far I have only seen operational efficiency going up. For 1000’s of years every shipping transactions required DELIVERY ADDRESS to be provided by the sender. This limits the number of possible transactions. Digital connections have grown significantly but postal transactions are still stuck in old ways.
I see the following fundamental changes happening in the next 5 to 10 years:
- Conventional Postal addresses will change to Digital ID’s.
- Every user will have their unique lifetime address.
- Packages will follow consumers and not locations.
- The control of transaction will move from SENDER to RECIPIENT.
- Delivery location will be GIS-enabled.
- Privacy will increase significantly and consumers WOULD NOT like to share their addresses.
- Consumers will take control of what comes to their home, where and when.
- Direct Marketing, Ecommerce, Addresses Validation all will be unified to Social or Digital ID’s.
WMX – Who is making the greatest advancements in the post and parcel industry, and what are they doing?
SG – USPS – has made a bold pilot on “Informed Addresses” where addresses are digitized and consumers can control their packages. This provides 100% Privacy to consumers and creates a NEW business model. Many of our concepts are being used.
WMX – Why do you think the crowdsourcing delivery model for delivery is so successful in the Asian market?
SG – Three reasons why Crowd Sourcing mode is successful:
- Power of being Local – each city or state has multiple local constraints. Having a single larger national carrier makes it very difficult to operationalize.
- Availability of cheap labor – Unemployment is growing, and enterprise employable skills are lacking. A large pool of uneducated but capable youth exists who has great knowledge of local market.
- Lack of consistent infrastructure – It is too expensive for a National career to provide branded vehicles to deliver. Using bikes and bicycles may tarnish their brands. Crowd Sourcing and letting delivery folks have their own vehicles is a much easier way to do deliver.